Call for Board Members
Call for Board Members
The Association for Young Astrologers is seeking two new board members to join our board: a Social Media Manager as well as a Deputy Webmaster.
Social Media Manager
AYA is seeking a Social Media Manager to work with the board to create an innovative and active social media presence for our organization. The duties of the social media manager will include:
- Tracking the astrology conversation on instagram, commenting on posts as appropriate from the official AYA Account, and coming up with proposals for how AYA can share innovative images with the community
- Post the monthly “Dinner and Drinks” online event on instagram
- Post Thursday Lecture highlights on instagram
- Keep AYA stories updated multiple times per week with
- Dinner and Drinks/other event reminders
- Interesting posts from young astrologers in the community
- Relevant updates on upcoming events that would benefit young astrologers
- Working with the President on a series of intersections between art history and astrology and posting lesser known art with astrological resonances
- Working with the Vice President on how to elevate astrological commentary on Twitter
- Post Dinner and Drinks event on twitter
- Post Thursday Lecture highlights on twitter
- Keep twitter updated with upcoming events at least once a week leading up to event
- Retweeting posts that would be relevant to AYA’s followers
- Engaging and responding to tweets as appropriate
- Attending AYA’s Monthly online Dinner and Drinks gathering
- Working with President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Webmaster to Co-Host the Online Event
- Working with the Vice President to Create the Facebook Event for Dinner and Drinks
- Competence with Photoshop, Canva, or other graphic design software to create dynamic graphics for Facebook event
- Invite friends and members of the community to online Dinner and Drinks events promptly utilizing Facebook’s Friend List and invite features
Voice and Brand
- Working with Vice President to create and maintain a consistent voice and brand across all SM platforms for announcements, captions, etc. The voice of AYA is informal and relaxed, but clear and informative.
In addition to these duties, the Social Media Manager will keep a finger on the pulse of our online astrological community, bringing insights and trends to the board’s attention as relevant. An ideal Social Media Manager is personally active on and familiar with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and well equipped to navigate these platforms easily and organically. This is a collaborative position; innovation and expansion are welcomed and encouraged.
AYA is seeking a Deputy Webmaster to assist its webmaster with maintaining and expanding its website – www.youngastrologers.org.
- Competence with the WordPress interface
- Capacity to devote 10 minutes to make quick adjustments to web content on any given business day
- Willingness to work with the Webmaster on larger projects on weekends, devoting perhaps one hour per weekend
- Uploading video files to the AYA website to expand its archive of video lectures as well as its archive of dinner and drinks sessions
How To Apply
To apply for either position, send us an email at email@example.com describing:
- Why you you’re excited to join the AYA team
- What makes you a great fit for the position
Please include links to your personal website and any social media handles.
All members of the AYA board work on a volunteer basis as a service to the astrological community.
The deadline for applications is March 20, 2019 at 6pm US Eastern Time: the Aries Ingress.
WEBINAR LOTTERY: Fire: The Heart of Knowing with Darby Costello
WEBINAR LOTTERY: We’re giving away a free webinar to an AYA member!
UPDATE: Congratulations to our winner, Oliver Adam!
We’re partnering with our friends at the Mercury Internet School of Psychological Astrology to give away a free pass to Darby Costello’s webinar, Fire: The Heart of Knowing.
“Fire is the element that represents our ability to know things directly – it shows us our intuitive function. It represents the imaginal realm and is at the heart of our creative lives. It is how we ‘know’ things, directly. In this webinar we shall explore the realm of fire, through its signs, planets and houses.”
The webinar is on Sunday, February 24th at 7:30am Pacific Time, 10:30am Eastern Time, or 3:30pm in England. You can attend live or watch the recording afterwards!
Check out all the details on the webinar here: https://www.mercuryinternetschool.com/24feb2019.html
RULES: Be a member of AYA. That’s it! If you’re not signed up yet, you can do that here(membership is only $20/year and everyone is welcome).
HOW TO ENTER: Cast your lot for the giveaway by sharing your hermetic Lot of Spirit in the comment section below, or by emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org, by February 20 at 11:59pm EST.
On Thursday, February 21st, the winner will be selected using RNG magic. We will use a randomized number generator to pick a number between 1 and 12, which will be the winning sign. Then we will then use a randomized generator to pick a number between 0 and 29, which will be the winning degree. The lot closest to this degree will be the winner!
To find your Lot of Spirit: you can use astro.com’s Extended Chart Selection, and select the Chart Drawing Style “Astrodienst with Arabic points“. Or you can do it old school and calculate it yourself! Patrick Watson explains the calculation (and much more) here, and Chris Brennan has a classic tutorial here.
Remember, only current AYA members are eligible!
Audaces Fortuna Iuvat… cast your lot!
MARCH Dinner and Drinks with Austin Coppock: Astrology & Tarot
MEETING LINK: https://zoom.us/j/911105535
Dinner and Drinks in March welcomes back AYA’s very own former President, Austin Coppock! We are delighted to have Austin joining us on Thursday, March 21 at 9pm eastern, 6pm pacific to talk all things astrology and tarot. From the history and overlap of the traditions and symbolism to talking shop, there’s no better practitioner to have at this particular proverbial round table than Austin. While we all know and love him for his astrological work, his experience with tarot matches it─ he began the journey over 20 years ago. Tarot even makes a notable appearance in his book, 36 Faces. If you’re a fan of that work, there’s no better time to come and ask your burning questions about the tarot piece directly to the author!
More about Austin: https://austincoppock.com/
Grab a drink and bring your questions! As always, this event is free, casual, Q&A based, and open to everybody. We can’t wait to see you there!