• September 8, 2013 at 11:39 am

Say “hi” to the other folks interested in traditional astrology, and let everyone know a little bit about yourself. What got you into older material? Is there are any particular period, such as Hellenistic, Arabic or Medieval, which particularly informs your study and/or practice?

• May 5, 2014 at 12:46 am

Hi! I’m Jenn. My academic interests in the history of astrology have led me to explore various historical techniques. I am specifically interested in techniques used in German-speaking Europe, but really, I’m interested in all of it.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Official AYA Official AYA.
  • May 7, 2014 at 2:25 pm

I’m Austin.  I was introduced to traditional astrology through the recent reconstruction of Hellenistic astrology.  Although I’m at least conversant in Medieval and Renaissance astrology, primarily due to Bonatti, the pagan symmetry of the Hellenistic era works retains a special place in my heart.

• May 10, 2014 at 8:42 am

Hello!  I’m Ryhan and my study of traditional astrology began back in the winter of ’07 when I received William Lilly’s Christian Astrology for Christmas.  It was all downhill from there and I’ve never looked back.  Most of my focus since that time has been in medieval astrology, but I still carry over a few choice things from the Hellenistic tradition.

• May 10, 2014 at 5:34 pm

I’m Nick, and Hellenistic astrology is my focus. I had the good fortune of being exposed to it very early on in my astrological education, so a lot of the other techniques that I use are still grafted onto that whole sign house model. I’m less well-versed in Medieval astrology, though I find Temperament to be fascinating and effective.

• June 7, 2014 at 11:30 am

Hello. I’m Stacy Wykle, but many know me by my nickname Hazel Two Twiggs (used as my name on all but my driver’s license between 1999-2010). I am currently a doctoral student at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in Library and Information Science working on the history of scientific journals, particularly the history of editing and the origins of the peer review process. My work stems from my study of the history of astrology and how truth claims about nature are socially ratified before they are published. My locus of attention, then, are the late medieval and early modern periods of European history, especially communication networks in England. I pay close attention to social history because I am increasingly interested in the way in which intellectual networks are formed publicly through the dissemination of print then close off, as was the case with the emergence of modern science after 1650.

• June 7, 2014 at 11:44 am

*loci of attention, so it would appear

also, I am having a hard time figuring out how to upload an avatar….

• June 26, 2014 at 7:57 am

Hi @hazel2twiggs! I looked into getting an MLS for a while, but got scared off by the prospects for employment (not that I’m doing much better without it.) I always thought it’d be a wonderful boon to anyone studying astrology and occult though, to have access to research tools, collections, and other resources that the layman does not. Has this been your experience?

re: the avatar, if you click on the space where your profile pic should be, you’ll see an orange bar below. Click, “Profile,” and on the next screen underneath the same orange bar, it’ll give you the option to change your avatar.