• September 8, 2013 at 11:28 am

Say “hello” to everyone else in the Psychological Astrology group. What got you interested in this particular approach to astrology?

• September 8, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Hi all. I first encountered astrology as an undergraduate psychology student. I’d studied Gestalt Psychoanalysis and was also very interested in personality typing systems- particularly Jung’s. When I encountered astrology, I was blown away by its elegance- a variety of simple elements which could be combined in millions, if not billions, of different ways. I was pretty sure that even if astrology was garbage, the way it was modeling the human psyche was vastly superior to what the field was currently using. It was that initial fascination which led me down the rabbit hole.

Although since then I’ve shifted to a more event-oriented approach in my practice, I still think astrology provides the finest map of the human experience and personality out there.

• May 30, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Hi everyone! I am currently working towards a BA in psychology and have been studying astrology for two years. I’ve been writing a book throughout my studies on my own personal observations in their connection (both in theory and practice) and I was wondering if anyone knows of any books about both astrology and psychology. Thanks!

• February 25, 2015 at 8:26 am

Hi, y’all!

I’m new here. My name is Kandace, and I’m a second generation astrologer, a hobbyist by AYA’s standards. I currently work in higher ed as I complete coursework for a degree in psychology and linguistics. I live in Arkansas, and I’m looking to build relationships within a community of like minds.

• March 9, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Hello! My name is Kelsey. I just recently joined AYA, I was super excited to find this site! I studied American literature, and Critical Theory in literature at University MO St. Louis. The area of astrology has always been of great interest to me, however, it wasn’t until about four years ago that I began taking my interest to a new level of seriousness. I have been studying this ancient knowledge since then. Some of my favorite authors on the subject of psychological astrology are Liz Greene, Howard Sasportas (these two were the founders of The Centre for Psychological Astrology – a school in London), Stephen Arroyo, and the late-great Dane Rudhyar. I would definitely suggest any of these four authors to anyone who is as interested in the intense psychological effects of the cosmos.

• March 25, 2015 at 4:38 pm

My name is Amylyn. It’s awesome to be a part of something like this. I signed up for AYA last year but the website wasn’t all up and running yet, so I’m glad to have found my way back to a functioning website. This group in particular interests me, as I would like to learn more and discuss psychological astrology. It’s one of the main reasons I’m interested in astrology. I hope there will be posts here often that we can all interact with and learn from. Anyway, about me. I am 22 years old, an English Literature major with an anthropology major. I have my Fundamentals of Natal Astrology certificate from Kepler University, but have been independently studying astrology since then as I am attending UCF full time for my Literature degree. I plan on fusing my passions together- astrology, spirituality, and writing. I am located in Orlando, Florida.

• August 24, 2015 at 9:01 pm

Hi all!

I thought astrology was a load of nonsense for most of my life until I had my chart read by a then novice astrologer in 2010, and after that point I was hooked. I took a class through that first astrologer a couple years later and continue my studies to this day.

I mostly work with natal charts and synastry, and I would like from this group to learn more about progressions and transits. I am hoping to take the NCGR levels or Kepler certification in the coming years.

I also work with Tarot, and especially enjoy consultations that blend the two practices.

I would love to meet up with any of you that live in the Los Angeles area and make some new astrology friends!

Looking forward to learning about all of you!

Samira