• September 8, 2013 at 10:51 am

Use this thread to let everyone know about astrological meetups, groups and events going on in the area. Feel free to create new threads in the NYC forum to announce events as well.

• May 9, 2014 at 1:44 pm

NYC Astrology Meetup hosts a(t least) one monthly talk. So we’re always seeking topics and speakers for an audience ranging from don’t know their chart up through seasoned professionals. Beginners and intermediate astros being the bulk of our audience. You can contact myself, Tony Picco and/or Kirk Kahn to discuss in detail!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Official AYA Official AYA.
  • May 9, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Speaking of which, Jackie Slevin speak Finding Career Success in the Horoscope Thursday, June 5 to NYC Astrology Meetup.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Official AYA Official AYA. Reason: When posting links to external content, please set them to open in a new window : )
  • May 10, 2014 at 4:17 am

If AYA were to start a local chapter in NYC, a group with regular meetings (maybe quarterly to begin and move up from there)…how many would be interested in attending? What types of events, activities, or local benefits would you like to see come out of a group like that?

• May 10, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Yes for the event. Not sure a “chapter” is necessary or worthwhile before hosting events regularly for a good year (and a half?) to feel out who is up for something in fact (not just talk), and then what that something – happenings, chapter and/or otherwise – is.

KEY with a regular event offering is communicating about in advance so NYC folks (and others, who might visit/come for it) can know it’s happening, available to them. Biased here, yet find other astro folks are woefully underinformed about events.

Personally, I would so love some sort of study/discussion group (every other month).

Also a bi-annual, fun & social gathering, perhaps near the equinoxes, would be fantastic! Maybe a pizza party, picnic potluck, museum exhibition (+ tour). One offering might be the same annually, while the other could vary.

• May 13, 2014 at 3:26 am

Thanks, Demetrius…yeah, maybe I’m putting the cart before the horse regarding a chapter. A study or discussion group could be cool, though I guess it’d have to be based around set material? (Like a book club? Which actually, Maria had mentioned wanting to get something like that going in the past.) Equinox/quarterly marker parties might be a great place to start. Maybe a solstice picnic event…

• May 15, 2014 at 10:56 pm

Bring on the equinox event, and sure, solstice something!

Re: study/discussion group: set material can be charts relevant in the news – people or events. Likewise post-conference debriefs, book club sounds interesting.

Google Hangouts across the country/world with people gathered in someone’s living room or such. So it’s a mix of in-person and digital….

Actually a Hangout MIGHT combine with a book club very nicely.

• May 16, 2014 at 6:02 am

I suspect there is quite a lot of astrological tsundoku going on- a book salon would encourage getting those books out of stacks and in brains and on tongues opining.

• May 16, 2014 at 2:56 pm

I love the idea of hangout mixed with live bodies!

• July 23, 2014 at 4:13 am

TONIGHT!!! An “Occupy Astrology” astro picnic. Be there!

https://www.facebook.com/events/661283677281833/

• January 18, 2015 at 8:45 pm

Although I don’t have the answers to all those questions now I can say that I am interested in meeting you all and possibly being part of the beginning of a nyc chapter.

• February 6, 2015 at 9:02 pm

I would like to start a weekly discussion where we delve into a particular topic in great depth.  I also wouldn’t mind getting together with whoever is interested in addition, to read together for an evening or afternoon or whatever (eg the night before the event).  Basically, I’m trying to learn as much as possible and could benefit from the feeling of being in school without paying for it…lord knows there’s enough good material out there that schooling isn’t actually necessary to learn, but community sure helps.

• August 26, 2015 at 6:19 am

Please know that NYC Astrology Meetup has been welcoming monthly speakers from near and far. Last month, we had record-breaking attendance with a truly full house thanks to Ronnie Dreyer’s Venus Rx talk.

In two weeks, we welcome Stephanie Gailing who will talk about Stellar Elixirs: An Exploration of Astrology & Flower Essences. Hope people here will spread the word, and join us if they’re in this area. There tends to be a hangout afterwards for astrologers (vs. students and fans) when the speaker is from out of town.

Please know October 13, Heather Roan Robbins joins us, November 10, Ronnie Grisham talks about Saturn in Sagittarius and December 8th, Jessica Adams returns.

THANKS!

• August 26, 2015 at 7:22 am

That is a good line-up, Demetrius! We can spread the word about these events, as well as the meet-up as an opportunity for potential speakers. Can I have them contact you for this?

• August 26, 2015 at 10:25 am

Yes, Nick – please do!