• May 4, 2014 at 7:13 am

The South Node’s  recent ingress into Aries brought the Dragon’s Tail into the same sign as Uranus.  The two will share Aries until November of 2015, and make an exact conjunction in January of 2015.

There is some precedent for this combination being particularly problematic for the console videogame industry, however, I’m more interested in how this cycle impacts the volatile dynamic of the ongoing Uranus-Pluto squares.

If Uranus is the planet correlated with uprisings and protests, then the South Node’s impending conjunction seems to bode poorly for such revolutions.  I wonder if the suspicious revolts in Eastern Ukraine are connected to this copresence, and if such state-sponsored/assisted astroturf revolts will become a prominent feature of the next year and a half’s geopolitical landscape.

• May 31, 2014 at 2:43 am

This is old news now, but I thought of the South Node in Aries when the Thai military staged a coup about a week and a half ago. On the one hand, it seems to contradict the idea that this placement doesn’t bode well for revolutions. But on the other hand, it’s not any particular ideology or reform movement that has prevailed…it’s just the military taking control. And given Thailand’s history (11 military coups in the last century) this seems to be a pattern they’re bound to – the military hitting a hard reset on things in the face of rampant political corruption. Pretty South Node-y…

• June 3, 2014 at 8:43 pm

@nick-civitello, I think you’re on to something with Thailand’s military coup.  I don’t think when people dream of revolution they envision the military taking control.   It seems like a related species of faux-revolution as what happened in Crimea.  In other news, Egypt just elected a top military man president, a little less than a year after he tossed out the previous government in a coup.