• September 8, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Say “hello” to everyone else in the Medical Astrology group. Have you been tracking the progress of serious illness, or are you primarily interested in traditional temperment calculation techniques? Tell us about your approach!

• May 5, 2014 at 12:51 am

Hi! I’m Jenn Zahrt. Right now I am editing a book about fertility astrology, which has led me to become infatuated with medical astrology. The author, Nicky Smuts, is using primarily medieval technique, but I am also fascinated by Jane Ridder-Patrick’s work, as well as Graeme Tobin. I am also getting into Elsbeth Ebertin’s book about medical astrology that her son translated into English in 1971. Her work is from an unpublished manuscript, so we’ll see what it says. One aspect of medical astrology that piques my interest, especially in the realm of fertility is that pregnancy is something that is either successful or is not—so the grey areas of interpretation are really forced into a clear result or not. I’ve always been attracted to medical history, so I love learning about astrology’s various historical attempts to treat the physical body.

• May 8, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Hi! I’m Stephanie Gailing. My focus is more on what I call “wellness astrology” than medical astrology, coming more from a perspective of using astrology as a tool for dis-ease prevention as well as promotion of wholistic well-being, rather than from a diagnostic/treatment perspective. As a nutritionist and wellness educator, I coach/counsel clients using self-care strategies such as diet, flower essences, essential oils, wellness regimens, etc. In addition to working with clients in this arena, my writing work (including my book, Planetary Apothecary) as well as the classes I teach focus on these realms.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Official AYA Official AYA.
  • June 1, 2014 at 6:02 am

Hi, I’m your hard core medical astrology type, and the author of Traditional Medical Astrology.