• January 9, 2017 at 10:50 am

I’m curious, where online do you most actively discuss astrology? I like the community here but it’s not quite as active as I was hoping (I include myself in that – we all get busy!). Do you guys have favorite forums, discussion boards, groups, etc.? Feel free to include both “open” and “closed” ones – for example, my goal this year is to start taking some online astrology classes in addition to the ones I take in person, and I know some of those also have forums (Chris Brennan’s, Austin Coppock’s, etc.) and I’m not sure how active those groups are since they’re private.

I’ve been trying to gather small groups of friends in the Chicagoland area who are interested in learning more about it and would like to discuss in person as well, not only digesting new skills but also applying these things to our own charts.

• January 12, 2017 at 6:43 am

I found a local astrology group on Meetup.com as well as the local chapter of NCGR are pretty active online and in person. It’s nice to meet real people and then continue discussions online ๐Ÿ™‚

• January 31, 2017 at 9:24 am

@Johanna-Rader!
    I agree with you, I found a local NCGR Chapter down here as well. They do monthly meetings and there is always a possibility to get involved with the Astrological Organization!

Unfortunately there is no Meetup.com meetings here yet but it was always an idea of mine to start on!
    It’s always a matter of time these days!

As for the Online Discussion groups.. Well, there are plenty out there for all level of Astrology Proficiency.

I know that Anything Astrology is for the beginners as people like to share their charts to see what others might say/notice regarding certain aspects of their lives.

There is Saturn Support Group for those who are interested in Saturn’s influence in the chart, through Houses and His Returns.

There is Hypatia Group that focuses on a Feminine Astrology Support.
    Chris Brennan’s Hellenistic Astrology group is another popular FB group.

Pretty much, almost every astrologer has it’s own Page where they facilitate discussions, it’s a matter of finding your approach to astrology and participating in the discussions that interest you.