• June 3, 2016 at 9:14 pm

Hello:

I haven’t logged-in in a while. How is everyone doing? I participate in a few local chapters ‘ lectures and workshops like NCGR and South Florida Astrologers Assoc. but I’ve noticed that there aren’t too many young astrologers that show up. I was thinking about scheduling a Meet-Up in the future. I was wondering if there were any AYA active chapters and if so, if there is some kind of protocol to follow to set up one.

• June 20, 2016 at 7:29 am

Hi @lauren-fields!
    I have similar situation down here in Boston area. Local NCGR chapter is quite small and, unfortunately, no young or younger astrologers or astrology enthusiasts at all.
    I think that there are, definitely, some younger people who would be interested to learn more about astrology, it’s just that they might not now where to go to find out more.
    MeetUp.com surely does sound like a nice option, I’ve been thinking I should organize one down here.  I mean I really want to, I’ts just I have way too much school, classes and studying going on and I need to have more time to think things through before I actually do it.

Some local NCGR chapter are also interested if promoting new meetings in their newsletters (and it’s free). I just recently got an email from the Boston chapter NCGR asking everyone who is teaching any kind of astrology related classes this summer to let the chapter committee know so they could let all of the members know. That way, if you decide to have a local meet up – they would promote it at least among members – so you get at least some people to start of with.
    I would be interested to know how your idea develops.
    Good luck and Happy Solstice!