• November 14, 2016 at 5:27 pm

@anthony-jaure

Hi Anthony, thanks for the hello. 🙂  Glad to see you here from Peru!  Actually, if you have a Scorpio Ascendant and Pluto in the 1st house then I’m pretty sure you have your share of the Pluto experience. 😉 lol

Luanne

• November 14, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Yes I know what is a Pluto experience 🙂 Pluto and Scorpio are good teachers but they are very severe. I hope we can talk soon about astrology and our astrology experience.

• November 14, 2016 at 5:53 pm

Hi Johanna,

Nice to meet new astrologers. Good lucky with your project: Astrolicious!!! 🙂

• November 14, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Hi Jordan,

I hope we can talk about astrology and exchange knowledge 🙂

Greeting, Anthony Jaure

• November 14, 2016 at 6:14 pm

Hi Ashley,

Your are lucky of have a very close to your family to a person who brought you to this world of astrology ans the mystic.

Greetings from Perú!!!

• November 15, 2016 at 8:10 am

Hi Anthony,

Thanks. I do consider myself blessed in that respect. 🙂

Nice to meet you and welcome!

• December 1, 2016 at 9:15 am

Hello All,

My name is Sarah Lynn, and I’m a professional astrologer in Colorado. I found astrology almost 25 years ago, quite by accident. My high school boyfriend’s mom was an astrologer, and gave me some friendly advice and introduced me to some good authors. A few years latter, I was fortunate enough to meet a master level astrologer, that was willing to take me on as an apprentice. I worked under her for about 2 years, and have been working with clients ever since. I’ve had both formal training and am widely self-taught. If there is anyone out there in the Colorado Springs or Denver area – I would love to connect. We have a growing audience for astrology here, and I’m very interested in trying to find some more like-minded people to start getting a little more organized here.

• December 1, 2016 at 11:22 am

@sarah-lynn

Welcome! I don’t know if you know about it or not, but there is a very active astrology meetup group in the Denver area, headed by former AYA board members: http://www.denverastrologygroup.com/

• December 1, 2016 at 12:39 pm

Thanks for letting me know. I didn’t know they were associated with this group. I’ve been to a couple of their meetings in the past. They were full of great information; but they’re also over an hour away at a time and day that makes the trip closer to 2 hours or more, and as much as I appreciated their information, I found the people running it very unfriendly and uninterested in meeting “outsiders”. This isn’t a complaint, just and observation of the meetings I traveled a very long way to attend. I was kind of hoping to either find a group of people that are a little more open to networking with everyone, or someplace/group that was closer, so I could just enjoy the lecture and not be disappointed that I’m not actually finding a community. Thanks for the suggestion, but if that’s it for our local astrology community, I guess I will keep looking. </span>

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Sarah Cutting Sarah Cutting.
  • December 1, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Hi @Sarah-Cutting!

That’s so great you have joined us!

It is always so fascinating for me to hear that some people get introduced to astrology at a pretty young age and they’ve got all that time for studying and practice!
    But it is also inspiring to know that we could also be those Master astrologers one day and we would make someone’s life 10000 more interesting by teaching them astrology, hehe!

That’s very cool you’ve got to study under a Master Astrologer! Now, I bet you have your own set of astrological “tools”, your go to and that’s something I’m still working on to develop as an amateur astrologer!
    I would be very happy to know your personal opinion on different subjects being discussed here!

Anyway, welcome to our team!
    I hope you feel connected here among astro-kids like me!

<3

• January 30, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Hi everyone, I feel like I’ve been searching for a space like this for most of my life. I’m the astro-nut amongst my friends and aside from a few mildly interested acquaintances I feel like this is a language I can only speak with certain people – of whom I know few! Over the years I’ve studied and attended a couple of talks but I’ve found, at least here in Australia, the majority of attendees are one or two generations older and fairly established in their social networks. I feel like Astrology needs a revival of young blood and we need to make sure the wisdom of the older generations is carried forth not just in published work but social connection and sharing.
    About me: I was born in a part of Australia near Byron Bay which is hippy central. I remember being very young when a family friend told me my moon sign after checking her ephemeris. This was before Solar Fire – or perhaps around the time of its inception but I think at this time people were still mostly creating charts from scratch. So I remember being interested from a very young age and always being bookish (and a leo) I started out being fascinated by my own chart. That was my gateway interest. Then I learned about my moon in scorpio and it was very different to my Sun sign so I understood that the sun sign alone is not nearly enough to give an indication of personality…I try to tell this to people who roll their eyes at my interest in Astrology with little success unless I do their chart and show them! Even then I find it hard to convey the complexity, nuance and awesomeness of an individual chart to a person in a digestible way. Which is probably why I never went pro but not ruling it out. So I read, and read…and read. But my Venus in Gemini got bored of looking at my own chart and started the somewhat creepy/awkward process of asking people I knew what time they were born. That one never gets less awkward really haha
    Then in my early 20s I started taking some formal classes and got a lot out of learning via the lens of other peoples’ charts and shared experiences. I attended the FAA Conference here in Melbourne in 2012 and it was amazing, I was buzzing on a little Astro high for days. I was star-struck (pun intended) by seeing people whose works I’ve read and admired, speaking. I won’t name drop but I definitely hope to attend more conferences in future. Sadly in late 2011 I was struck down by a debilitating illness first thought to be Chronic Fatigue Syndrome then 18 months later confirmed as Lyme Disease. I was 25 so it’s consumed the last 6 years of my life. For chart indications I fell ill/crashed when my progressed moon conjuncted my Pluto in Scorpio in the 6th. This came on the heels of my saturn transit through the 6th. I’m actually treating through a Dr in D.C. as the illness is not recognised in Australia but from an Astro standpoint I sometimes wish I lived in the US because the younger Astrology community seems to be thriving over there moreso than here. Anyway, being sick has limited my ability to get out into the world so I’m super thankful for social media and hope to form some great connections through AYA. I’m also an astrotheme addict…constantly checking charts for celebs. I like to try and guess first. I noticed a lot of tennis players have Mars in Cancer and made me wonder if that’s why they’re so good moving side to side! So that’s me – hit me up for a chat anytime, spare time is something I have plenty of thanks to Lyme and if I end up needing to relocate for treatment for a longer period I would love to connect in person with any people in the D.C. area.
    Zoe xx

• January 31, 2017 at 9:15 am

Hello Sweetest Zoe!!
    I’m so Happy you have fond AYA!!!!

Thank yo very much for such detailed Intro! I love that! It’s like I already know so much about you and we all do, I mean!
    That’s awesome that you are so enthusiastic about Astrology and I’m so Happy we can share the same Passion for it! I’m from Russia myself, originally and I had to relocate to US so I hear what you are saying about the possibilities and, who knows, maybe that time would come and you join us here too!

I am very sorry to hear about the disease you are experiencing but your attitude towards it is just simply inspiring! And i love how you found all the great ways of finding positive things in it, you truly are a doll face!

I would be happy to chat with you via messages as well as discussion some questions on the forum here!
    It’s always fun to know what others think about certain concepts and techniques!

Plus seems like you have a lot of observations on your own after constantly looking at the charts of your friends, family and celebs!
    I love that too! It’s like seeing how the planets work in your own life but in the examples of people around you!

Anyway, WELCOME to the Family, Zoe!

Cannot wait to chat with you more!
    Feel free adding AYA on Facebook for more updates on the Planetary Ingresses or some Updates on the Community Events!

Greetings from the other Hemisphere!

<3