• June 20, 2016 at 7:14 am

Hi Tibias! Welcome to AYA Family!
    I’m glad to see my fellow student and friend to be joining us!
    ( I also hope you take the Summer class @Kepler so that our little group can move along together)

Enjoy the resources and have fun!

• June 20, 2016 at 7:21 am

Hi Alex, nice to meet you again here, too!

Yeah, since the first course was great, I would love to take the next course, it is just that I have to review everything from the first course and try to study a bit in advance to get along.  Besides, my current job responsibilities do not allow too much freedom currently, but I hope to be back soon. (If you know any material I would be able to understand aspects better, please let me know.)

• September 24, 2016 at 11:46 am

Hiya,

My name is Edward.  I’m from Minneapolis, but am currently working in the Bay Area.  I was introduced to astrology in 2010, growing through study ever since.  I appreciate being able to recognize my synthesizing process of thought, as reflected in my chart, and see that pathway of individuation as an important facet of astrology in the 21st century.  My style has been influenced by evolutionary and archetypal astrology, although I feel a lot of freedom in my relationship with my practice, and am optimistic to what the future brings in terms of discovery, understanding the archetypes as reflected in my own life, and sharing and collaborating with others.  At the moment, I’m getting more practice in doing chart and tarot readings, and writing some as well.

Here’s the page that I’ve recently put together online: https://merlynsvault.wordpress.com/

I also like to climb, play music (Ableton Live, guitar, songwriting), read, explore, and get definitely get lost every once in a while.

Cheers, Edward

• October 9, 2016 at 9:51 am

Hi everyone!

I haven’t made much time to introduce myself to the groups I’m following here in AYA yet (except one) so I thought I’d go ahead and say “hi” and drop a note 😉

Astrology first introduced itself to me when I was 8 or 9 as my mom dabbled in astrology [and tarot] and had one of those large (general) books on astrology (wish I remember who it was by). The only spiritual path she had raised me in was the path of the Craft- hence my introduction to different facets of the occult. After many ups and downs and changes in my living situation as an adolescent I experienced a period of disconnect from this lifestyle while I went through some transitions.

It wasn’t until I was practicing martial arts (thai boxing and some jeet kune do) in my late teens and early 20’s that deeper questions of spirituality and my thirst for more knowledge emerged. At the time I was finishing up my bachelor’s in business administration with a major in marketing and found myself troubled by a large void. I spent more time exploring energetic healing, “The Tao of Jeet Kune Do”, and books on new age topics than I did on my school work. Long story short, I made plans to attend a three year program in Oriental medicine once I finished the business program (and did just that 2 months after graduation).

In my first month of the OM program [September 2010] I had a professor who was deeply interested in astrology– a triple Virgo with Aquarius rising. It was his discussion of the topic in class that reignited my curiosity and sent me into a sort of frenzy where I read as many sources I could get my hands on (online), while studying my own chart and those of my peers.

Fast forward 6 years later and I now consult using an integration of traditional and modern techniques and concepts. It is not my primary source of income as I also work for a former professor in his acupuncture clinic, write horoscopes for Conde Nasts Teen Vogue, and spend the rest of my time assisting in a ballroom dance studio. Needless to say, there is a lot of mutability in my chart!

With that said, I will forever consider myself a student of the sky as there is always something to learn. I’m here to connect with you all and with other practitioners who feel the same about astrology and I’m quite happy that there is an organization for younger astrologers to come together in a field that is largely dominated by older generations. I appreciate the balance that [you] my fellow young astrologers bring to the table. Looking forward to connecting more with you and meeting you in future conferences, etc!

Warmly,

Ashley

• October 31, 2016 at 4:04 pm

Greetings all,

In an effort to expand my knowledge in modern/traditional astrology modalities, I am thrilled to find the AYA organization.  As a humble novice, I look forward to soaking in all that is offered.

The online forum platform is also new to me.  I shall give my best and most authentic responses.  Your patience is most appreciated.

Blessings,

J

#newmoongoals #scorpio #transformation #feedyourpassion

• October 31, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Hi Jordan!
    So awesome to have you join us!
    I’m excited to hear your opinions on the topics we are discussing as well as starting the topic you like to discuss!

Enjoy your journey on this site!

Alex

• November 2, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Hello everyone and happy (or not so happy) Scorpio season!

I’m pretty stoked to have found AYA, through your former president Chris Brennan. I moved from Denver to Albuquerque 2 years ago, and have been looking for a local group to network. I finally found one through Meetup.com and also the local chapter of NCGR (woo hoo!) Speaking of NCGR, are any of you going to the conference in Baltimore next February?? I’m definitely going to try.

I’ve been studying astrology since I was about 11, when I was obsessed with Greek Myths, and my parents were total hippies so they thoroughly encouraged my weirdness. I started reading Tarot cards, my mom threw the I Ching, I did Tai Chi for a while, and eventually we moved into a co-housing circle where I met a REAL professional astrologer. She’s been my mentor (mostly handing down a ton of books), but I really wanted to connect with more people. Astrology can feel kind of isolating, but sharing it with others is the most fun part!

I started Astrolicious in 2012 during my 1st Saturn Return, and right now it’s mostly a hula hoop business. I’ve been doing Natal Charts and transits for friends and family on the side, but I’m ready to fully integrate Astrology into the company on a professional level.

I still have a day job as an Administrative Assistant, because I have a daughter to support, but I’m dedicated to becoming a full time Astrologer eventually. I’ve started studying for the NCGR-PAA certification, and hopefully can work my way up through the different levels.
    Anyway, it’s great to have met you all and I look forward to more discussions 🙂 Oh my Astro-stats: Sun in Pisces, Moon in Aries, Rising Taurus… like stepping stones.. lol

• November 6, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Hello, I just joined tonight.  I’m Canadian, grew up with a Scorpio Mom who practiced astrology and numerology and read a lot of New Age books when I was a child so I learned about it quite early.  My Mom actually stopped studying because my chart disturbed her (I’ve got a loaded stellium in the 8th house and I believe she feared I’d die young.)  Later on, I was rather obsessive about it but I was just reading on my own and doing up charts on the computer.

In my 20s, fresh out of university, my 8th house stellium started to become a little too real with some tremendous (and unexpected as well as unusual) issues with illness and injury that lasted for many years and nearly killed me both times.  I later ended up forsaking astrology for many years for religious reasons due to what I went through.

Recently, I have felt a profound call to take it up again but this time I have been taking some online webinars/courses along with reading and doing charts online.  I also just started my own local Astrology Meetup group this weekend too.

My interest in astrology spans several areas…when I was very ill (and they could not diagnose the problem as I became increasingly sicker to the point that I did not expect to live to see Christmas that year,) my Mother, in desperation, took me to an astrologer/psychic who did my chart and told me what the problem was and even told me what doctor to go see to have it diagnosed.  She was correct. Had that not happened, who knows if I would’ve survived.  I therefore think there is much value in medical astrology.  While I fear it on one hand because of the fact that I am still experiencing problems and fear to see the worst, I can’t dismiss how much value it can offer in dire situations as well.  I currently have a cousin who I don’t think will be long for this world and they have been unable to diagnose the source of his trouble (bleeding from the lungs, etc.)  I have begun to think I should be trying to help him like someone helped me…

My main interest up till recently has been simply studying natal charts and doing synastry, however I have been reading articles and books on Psychological and Evolutionary Astrology and those are also quite interesting and flesh out my understanding of people and relationships even more.  Lastly, I have been reading the analysis of murders, disappearances, etc. using Forensic Astrology and I feel a call to explore this area, quite possibly because I have very strong research skills and my Mercury is in the 8th house, part of my stellium, along with Pluto.   I believe I will probably end up drawing up charts to try to follow cases that come out in the news as I learn more of the techniques involved.  I’m not sure, but something tells me it could become a real focal point for me…

Anyways, sorry for the long introduction but I wanted to relate my history with astrology and how it has affected my life. 😉

Luanne

P.S.  I’m Virgo sun, Cap rising and Taurus moon so I’m definitely an earth girl but my loaded 8th house makes me Plutonic as well. 😉

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Profile photo of Luanne Wilson Luanne Wilson. Reason: adding a word
  • November 6, 2016 at 7:26 pm

Hi Johanna!

Nice to meet you here!
    You sound so cool and we, and me, personally, happy to have you join us!

Just like you I have Sun in Pisces, Taurus rising with my Moon in cray cray Gem, hehe!
    I like your intro story, sounds very optimistic and upbeat! You can definitely fit here right in!
    I like how you got introduced to Astrology from a young age! You got years and years of enjoying the material and now you are full force practicing it and helping others around you!

Please, feel free to drop in some comments on the forums that are already here as well as creating the once you think are fun and exciting, just like how you sound, hehe!

I want to go to NCGR conference next February! I’m praying I get the time off from my job so that we could all met up and have best time ever!

Anyway! Welcome to our “young hot astros” group!

We are happy to have you!

• November 6, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Hi Luanne!

We are thrilled to have you join us!

I am very sorry to hear about your relative who’s experiencing health problems. I really hope the issue will be resolved shortly!
    You definitely sound Plutonic (in a good way), maybe I mean earthy.
    Your profile pic, by the way, made me laugh out loud! Good choice!
    Actually the whole post smells like Scorpio season is in the air, hehe!

Doing medical astrology is definitely a great help to others but at the same time it’s a tremendous responsibility knowing what to say and when and be sure about that!
    That definitely takes practice and experience! But it certainly can be done seeing how persistent and determined you are!

I’m happy to meet you and feel free to join any of the forums as well as leaving any comments or creating new forums!

Canada is cold!Brrrr… I’m relatively close, being in Boston, MA!

And you can always ask any questions you have! We, as a small community, here for you, happy to have you with us!

<3

• November 6, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Thank you for the kind comments Alex.  Yes, I have to say I am interested in medical astrology and yet fear what I will see at the same time… I kind of have a similar feeling about Forensic Astrology as well since I have been reading two books on it and it’s full of suicide cases (a very sensitive topic for me.)

Yes, I am definitely Plutonic. lol  And Saturn not only is my chart ruler but Saturn (conj Chiron no less) opposes my stellium in the 8th house as well, so Saturn seems to be a big part of my life and experience as well.  Right now I have just entered the Saturn transit to my 12th house and have a couple other transits going on that are rather daunting as well (ex. Pluto in the 1st.)

I definitely can focus when I am determined, I am curious myself as to how far I will take this newfound interest in Forensic Astrology.  And glad to hear you enjoyed my avatar, I will no doubt change it frequently.

P.S.  I don’t belong to the “young” crowd but joined to be part of a community for novice astrologers, so I hope I got that right. 😉

• November 6, 2016 at 8:50 pm

@luanne-wilson

Your comments on medical Astrology/Forensic cases sound enticing: I agree, sometimes what you see is not pretty!But give it a try!
    I would interested to know how similar studies will be progressing in the future!

• November 6, 2016 at 8:56 pm

@alex-zolotov

I wonder if there will be a Forensic Astrology group at some point.  It would be fascinating to try to analyse some of the cases in the news together!  Imagine how great it would be to compare our interpretations to the end results of the investigations!

• November 14, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Hello everyone!!! I’m Anthony Jaure Reyes, from Lima-Peru, I’m 23 years old, I’ve been in the esoteric world since I was 16 years old and studying astrology since I was 18. I’ve always been fascinated by the mystique surrounding these sciences. For the moment I share my time between astrological consultations, my “official” work as a consultant of human resources and my studies of the last years of management in the university. I hope to make many friends astrologers in AYA, in my country the astrological current is not very strong, and find interested young people even more difficult, but we are already working on it.

PS: Sorry if my English is not good enough, I have not been able to practice it in a while.

Hola a todos!!! Soy Anthony Jaure Reyes, de Lima-Perú, tengo 23 años, llevo en el mundo esotérico desde los 16 años y estudiando astrología desde los 18. Siempre me fascinó la mística que rodean estas ciencias. Por el momento reparto mi tiempo entre consultas astrológicas, mi trabajo ¨oficial¨ como consultor de recursos humanos y mis estudios del ultimo años de gestión en la universidad. Yo espero poder hacer muchos amigos astrólogos en AYA, en mi país la corriente astrológica no es muy fuerte, y encontrar jóvenes interesados a aun más difícil, pero ya estamos trabajando en ello

PD: lo siento si mi inglés no es muy bueno, hace tiempo que no lo práctico.

• November 14, 2016 at 5:21 pm

Hi Luanne,

For your description I can see that, like all people with big influence of 8th house, you have lived the closely the mystery of that house: death, transformation and resurrection and feel the miracle of the life. I don´t have a big influence of 8th house but I have Ascendant in Scorpio and Pluto in my first house.

Nice to meet you. Greetings from Perú!!!