• August 3, 2015 at 7:06 pm

A fellow student and good friend of mine from Kepler College, @june-trimbach, have been really nerding out lately. We are both big anime fans, and we’ve been creating charts for manga/anime characters based on the birthdays provided by the authors. Part of it is fun just because we get to be HUGE nerds about whatever anime/manga character we’re discussing, and part of it is really striking because of the accurate chart data we’re able to glean from the given birth data. So far, we’ve only had month and day to work from, so playing with time and year of birth (within a reasonable context of the story) has allowed some flexibility and tweaking. I’ve found it not only really pleasurable, but actually quite educational. We’ll find what seems like the perfect rising sign for a character, then question all the other significations, delving as deeply as we can into house placements, receptions, dignities, etc, to see if it fits the character in question. It’s a really interesting exercise that merges two of our primary interests.

Has anyone else made a hobby of doing this with anime, manga, tv, movie, or book characters? It’s as fun as I hoped it would be, but more enlightening than I expected.

• August 4, 2015 at 2:27 pm

omgwtfbbq, let’s be best friends right now. I am a big anime/manga fan and I love astrology for fictional characters. Especially when the creator has chosen a birthday (thus providing a Sun sign) for their character, and it’s not in line with the broader archetype you had in mind, but then it challenges the way you think about that Sun sign.

For example, Sasuke from Naruto is a Leo, which I initially found very out of line with his quest for dark revenge. But everything he does is self-obsessed. His storyline gets darker as he violates his own principles, driving him into self-loathing. And hilariously enough, it seems to be when he’s on the side of the angels that he exhibits the typical Leonic self-assured braggadocio. His first kind of “super move” was the Shishi Rendan, “shishi” being the lions that sit outside of temples as guardians.

As far as constructing a whole chart, I only usually do so if it’s a character of my own, but I would love to talk more about what you guys have worked up and maybe get in on the act.

• August 4, 2015 at 2:30 pm

Excellent! We are starting a blog soon, maybe we could talk about a guest post from you!

• August 6, 2015 at 5:27 pm

Hell yeah, I’d love to. I’ve chilled out on it in my old age/ruefully busy life, but I used to do an archetyping blog about just this sort of thing.

http://nerdcoreastro.blogspot.com/

• August 6, 2015 at 5:34 pm

Wow, I dig that name! Really fun. We’ll all be in touch for sure!

• August 24, 2015 at 2:36 pm

Hi!

I’m brand new here, just joined today.

I saw this post and I couldn’t help but smile… a couple years ago I started analyzing the astrology of the characters of Arrested Development. I posted to a reddit forum (didn’t gain too much traction) but it is so cool to hear of others engaging in this kind of fun astrology!

Just found this…how fun!

https://www.reddit.com/r/astrology/comments/1ezikt/spoilers_the_astrology_of_arrested_development/

Anyway, glad to be here.

Ciao,

Samira

• August 26, 2015 at 7:14 am

I love Lucille! Of course she’d be a Moon in Capricorn. Good analysis! Would love to see write-ups on the rest of the family. I feel like Maeby would be a Scorp Rising.

• August 26, 2015 at 11:25 am

Thanks Nick! I wrote that so long ago… I am kind of interested in taking another look at that chart and doing more of an analysis on her!

• February 9, 2016 at 8:10 pm

<p style=”margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: Georgia; color: #323333;”>This is one of my favorite pastimes! I’ve never tried magna characters but I often (always) try to figure out the astrological makeup of T.V. and movie characters. But what I’m about to share with you is different from matching or creating an astrological chart for a character but has more to do with current events and the movie The Hunger Games.</p>
    <p style=”margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: Georgia; color: #323333;”></p>
    <p style=”margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: Georgia; color: #323333;”>After my twenty-eighth birthday this past New Moon, I received a lovely FB message reminding me about my Saturn return. The message said, “May the Saturn return begin!”. With already having some pre-Saturn return anxiety I immediately filtered this as sounding like “Let the games begin!” from The Hunger Games. Katniss Everdeen, the main character and heroine, lives in the future during a faciest dictatorship. Her little sister is chosen against her will to go on a televised show run by the government. So, she volunteers as a tribute and takes the responsibility. The show contestants have to fight to the death and the last person standing wins the game show. She is a hunter and her main weapon of choice is a bow and arrow, of course, (I have Saturn in Sag)..  The Villain behind the reality t.v show is the president of the country. Now this got me thinking about one of the front runners for president. I hate to bring politics into this but Donald trump is known for his monopolization of reality T.V. shows. Beside The Apprentice, Miss Universe, Miss USA, Trump is a fan of world wrestling and has hosted several wrestling shows.</p>
    <p style=”margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: Georgia; color: #323333; min-height: 19px;”></p>

<p style=”margin: 0px; line-height: normal; font-family: Georgia; color: #323333;”> According to Hexagon astrology, The Hunger Games plot is very similar to Stag Luft 3 which took place during WW2. World War 2 was during the first quarter Uranus/Pluto square and we are now in the last quarter square of Uranus/Pluto. Hopefully, even if Trump were to become president a fasciest dictatorship would be slim to none. I just found the similarities between these characters to be uncanny and wanted to share.</p>

• February 9, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Sorry about all the random code in my previous post. Im not sure why thats happening. I read a really cool article a few years back about a delineation of Harry Potters chart. All I can remember is that he had Uranus rising in Scorpio, which suites the lightning bolt on his forehead.