• March 19, 2017 at 4:53 pm

Is anyone else here going to NORWAC, the Northwest Astrology Conference in Seattle? If any of you are looking for a roommate, or would like to meet up at the con, let me know. It’ll be my first astrology conference and the first time meeting anyone from the online astrology community in person. I know quite a few people from the local Chicagoland groups, but no one I know is attending. I’ll also probably spend a couple days sightseeing in Seattle/Washington if anyone wants to join in. Any tips for a first time astrology conference attendee?

• March 22, 2017 at 5:15 pm

I’ll be there!  Will let you know if I find anyone that is looking for a roommate.

In terms of tips, one good thing is to line up which lectures you want to see in different slots in the schedule ahead of time. Sometimes this can be kind of tricky, since there will be multiple lectures that you want to see that are happening at the same time. You have to kind of decide which one is more important for you to see in person though, versus which ones you might be ok just getting the recording of afterward.

Other than that, just introducing yourself to people and making connections is a good idea.

Also, budget how much money you can spend ahead of time. There is always a really nice bookstore at NORWAC, and sometimes it is hard not to walk out of there with a lot of books.

• March 22, 2017 at 5:54 pm

I’ll be there! 😀

Looking forward to meeting you!

• March 22, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Great! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

And yes, being a Mercury in Virgo, I’m super thorough about planning my first and second choices out ahead of time for each lecture spot. There’s one time slot where I’d really love to go to three or four of them, so I think I’ll definitely be getting some recordings later. 🙂

I have a huge astrology book wish list on Amazon, and I’m betting I’ll get some of those books at NORWAC, but will just have to remind myself that they need to fit in my suitcase!

• March 23, 2017 at 4:58 pm

hello. I usually work the conference so if you have any questions let me know.  in the past many people attending conferences would create a room share page on facebook.  don’t know if there is anything like that…I will do some snooping..ask some questions.

Nicholas

• March 23, 2017 at 5:07 pm

hello again.  I just talked to Laura Nalbandian who runs the conference. She has a list every year pre conference for people to come together and room share.  You can private message myself for her contact info to be put on the list.  Also, she is need of 3 volunteers for the conference.  this could include having the conference paid for…but Im not the authority on that.  anyone interested would have to talk with her.

Nicholas

• March 24, 2017 at 7:41 am

Hi Nicholas – thanks much! The local Chicagoland astrologers also encouraged me to email Laura about possibly volunteering to have the conference price covered or reduced, so I’ll see what she says. I guess it depends on if I’d have to miss presentations I’d really like to see… there are a few slots that I’d be ok breaking during. I did check “looking for a roommate” when I registered for the conference (that’ll make a huge difference in price of hotel). Will say hi in person!

• April 28, 2017 at 12:37 am

ok!  see you soon1