• May 5, 2014 at 1:23 am

Tell us about the program you’re engaged in and what brings you to want to study astrology in an academic setting.

• May 5, 2014 at 2:11 am

Hi everyone! I’m Dr. Jenn Zahrt. I figure I’ll use my official title in this group, even though I typically like to be called Jenn. In 2012, I received my PhD from UC Berkeley in German Literature with a dissertation on astrology in early twentieth century German culture. My academic career is now focused on serving as the deputy editor-in-chief ¬†for the Sophia Centre Press, an academic publisher housed at the University of Wales, Trinity St David. I also edit their academic journal Culture and Cosmos, which is expressly devoted to publishing peer-reviewed research on astrology and archaeoastronomy. I continue to pursue scholarship into the history of astrology in Germany, and I am currently translating a sourcebook of primary materials from Germany for the English-speaking world.

I am dedicated to bridging the gap between academia and astrology, and I look forward to moderating this group. I hope that our conversations can help us all successfully parry the many challenges posed to those of us who undertake the academic study of astrology, its history, techniques, and traditions.