• January 27, 2015 at 7:01 pm

I am new to the subject. This is more an exploratory question as I have no intention on going half blind into these matters. I am wondering if any of you have any insights on Venus entering the sign of her exaltation which would technically be a good time for a Venus talisman? Would you consider the applying conjunction to Neptune or Chiron since they are not traditionally used? And I believe Venus would be at her strongest in the second face of Pisces but will be applying to conjunct Mars which could potentially give a more ”flammable” nature to the talisman perhaps?

• January 27, 2015 at 9:12 pm

and aguess the square to Saturn is not great either…

• January 27, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Hi Elodie,

I feel that much of astrological magic is experimental and up to your own preferences. Some may not take the outer planets into account at all, while others might treat them as fixed stars (the latter is more my style). This current Venus-Mars-Neptune in Pisces configuration strikes me as very seductive and auspicious for casting a romantic glamour about a person, thing, or event.

Venus-Saturn square is inauspicious, and William Lilly says that Venus dislikes Saturn as he is an enemy of pleasure. I would wait until that aspect is past.

You might try a talisman of a more ephemeral nature, that is not intended to have long-term consequences. We learn best by doing…

Kind regards,

Nina Gryphon

• January 28, 2015 at 7:28 am

Thank you Nina,  those are all very helpful hints.