• May 28, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I’m clueless about “astrological magic”. where do I start?

• May 29, 2014 at 7:25 am

To do, it helps to become conversant and then adept at ritual, review the current conditions-essential and major accidental dignities of the planets, planetary day and hour, read up on texts.

Check out Ivo Dominguez’s Casting Sacred Space, Agrippa’s Three Books of Occult Philosophy, translations of Ġhāyat al-Hakīm’s Picatrix, Regardie’s Tree of Life and and Christopher Warnock’s Renaissance Astrology website. These are only a few among a vast amount of texts.

Jason Miller’s Advanced Planetary Magic is one way to dip a toe in the waters; I’ve had success with Matthew Brownlee’s tech of Planetary Seals although the actual electional method described to optimize planetary influences should be supplemented by ones existing proficiency as an astrologer.

You can begin now with Jan Spillers’ New Moon Magic, a pretty chill way to get started. I know a number of astrologers that routinely utilize this simple method with excellent outcomes.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Maria Wander Maria Wander.
  • May 30, 2014 at 12:50 pm

What Maria said! That was very thorough. I started off by just learning a few basic rituals and diving into a primer text (not just reading, but also doing.) Learning a banishing ritual to clear all the bad juju out of your workspace is valuable even outside of planetary magic…that’s how I got started.

• May 30, 2014 at 4:57 pm

@nicholas-polimenakos, you could do all that reading.  Or, instead, you could just hang out with @eric-purdue and try to absorb the knowledge through osmosis.  I’m not sure what Eric’s fee is for hourly osmosis, but I’m sure it’s reasonable.