• June 2, 2014 at 3:35 pm

When choosing imagery for making talismans for mansions of the moon, can we choose whatever image we feel represent the mansion? Or is it better to stick with the ones from the books?

Would it be even better if we drew them ourselves?

sorry for the totally newbie questions but I am a total newb in this area.

• June 13, 2014 at 9:35 am

Newbie questions are welcome!

In the end, I think it’s best to use “appropriate” images for any talisman. That doesn’t always mean to use images directly from books. If you compare various sources, you’ll sometimes see some variances. This is okay!

You’ll see some pretty major differences between some of Agrippa’s and Picatrix’s images. To me this shows that ultimately something appropriate is more important than a “by the book approach”.

• June 13, 2014 at 9:36 am

Oh and I strongly feel that the most important thing in talismans is the astrological timing. Other than that, you practitioner has to do what they feel is best. I think that some image, some prayer, and some incense is important as well, but there is more wiggle room there.

• June 25, 2014 at 4:42 pm

I concur strongly with @eric-purdue here.  The timing is key- everything else is setting up a variety of conduits or media for the astrological power generated by the election’s configuration.  That said, we must not only be able to pick a “good” election, but we must also understand exactly what the planet in question wants to do most.  A person’s understanding of the election is crucial to the process of figuring out exactly what prayers, incenses, etc to use, as they better they mirror the intention and energy of the planet, the more effective they will be.

• June 26, 2014 at 7:49 am

I know I’m not the one who asked, but this is super helpful. Thanks, gentlemen.

• August 20, 2014 at 6:03 pm

check put a guy called chris warnock he is my teacher he know his stuff. He has books on the mansions from the picatrix.