Hello, Members and Friends!I
thought it would be very interesting to have a thread where we could share our favorite Astrology related podcasts we like listening to. It would be also great if we could discuss the recent topics they are discussing as sometimes some of them would stir up your thinking and/might need clarification or opinions and we could just share what we think and how we might apply it to our day to day basis.
I know, it sounds armature, but we can still try it: sometimes being armature is a nice excuse for it.
I’ll start. Well, first of all, there aren’t as many of them in total, but, hands down, The Astrology Podcast (produced by incredibly inspiring – Chris Brennan) is the winner in the category. That podcast evolved from his Traditional Astrology Radio; he always hosts amazing interviews with well known astrologers, discussing new events, books or tricky topics.
I also like The Zoe Moon astrology Show as she is always fun briefly discussing the planetary movements for the week ahead that’s simple and down to earth, making people aware of the possible changes to expect.
The Living Astrology podcast is another one I tend to listen once in a while even it is more about the application of astrological knowledge in day to day life.
The I Love Astrology podcast hosted by Nick Dagen Best had a cool vibe when he started but I assume it required more time than he had on his hand to keep producing it. And he also gets a star for trying.
What do you think? What astrology related podcasts do you like to listen and what are your likes and dislike?
- This topic was modified 2 years ago by Alex Zolotov. Reason: unintentional use of code in the text is frustrating, hehe
Like you said, for sure Chris Brennan’s show, and Nick’s too, if he gets it going again. I also really enjoyed Shannon Garcia’s informative Coffee Break show for The Mountain Astrologer, with their cool little xylophone theme.
I’ll also sometimes listen to Chris Flisher’s Turning of the Wheel. The subjects don’t interest me every single time, but he does pull some great guests.
Thanks for Sharing Alex and Nick! I also listen to the Astrology Podcast by Chris. I like how he summarizes points and includes those on the page where the episode can be downloaded (it’s useful if you are writing notes while listening). I used to watch the youtube videos because I like to follow along by viewing the charts they would put up (being a new student to astrology it was good practice to see the transits). Unfortunately, they will not be making the youtube videos for now but it will continue with the mp3 download. I also listen to Rick Levine, he has a youtube channel as well. He shows the chart and transits every month. I am going to check out the ones you mentioned Alex!
@alex-zolotov asked me to post what podcasts I’ve listened to. I’m on Android, so I’m not sure if I’m missing some that are Apple-only? Where are you finding/searching for your podcasts?
Chris Brennan’s The Astrology Podcast is definitely my favorite; I love thoroughness and he’s basically the most thorough person… ever! I also like the in-depth and easy-to-understand way he explains things, the diverse topics, the focus on Hellenistic astrology, and the variety of guests he has on the show.
I listen to Anne Ortelee’s Weekly Weather Astrology for the weekly forecast, as well as This Week in Astrology by Benjamin Bernstein. I think of the forecast podcasts almost like different tarot decks – some have a more optimistic slant, some are more realistic or warn against extremely worrisome transits. Benjamin’s podcast tends to focus on the positive side of things and he uses modern astrology, so some of what he mentions aren’t things I actually use, but it’s still nice to know. I just started listening to Anne’s and she seems really casual, knowledgeable, with contemporary/relatable examples. I’d say she takes a realistic slant. Anne also does a podcast with two other people, Access Astrology, which I just started. I prefer her own podcast to this so far, but haven’t been listening long. That’s also the forecast and some call-ins.
There’s another one called Axis Astrology airing from Vancouver, Canada, and it’s no longer updated but I listened to the old episodes when I was first learning astrological concepts, because they would focus on a different piece of astrology each time (different signs, planets, houses, nodes, etc.). It’s more of a light, surface level podcast rather than an in-depth study, but it was helpful to a beginner. Alison Price from the podcast runs the Starzology website.
Another one that’s hardly ever updated now is Astrology: The Theory of Everything, which is another I used when learning concepts, because they focused on a different topic each time, hosted by Janey McCarthy and Mary Jo Weaver. They’d have guests sometimes too.
Thanks to the other people in this thread for suggestions – I should check out Rick Levine’s because I think he’s supposed to be coming to Chicagoland this year for an all-day workshop!
Kepler College has great resources and they have a page where they offer Astrology related podcasts, I copied that and I’ll let the teacher know I did that, so we all have an idea what’s out there available as a grear audio resource to learn more about the subject that’s our passion. Enjoy!
Anne Beversdorf_Jyotish astro Podcasts|Stariel.com There may be some duplication with her shows on Puja.net, below, but this is her own site.
- Asheville Friends of Astrology.org|MP3 & Video Podcasts and videos by Gary Caton, David Cochrane, Benjamin Bernstein, Kitty Hatcher, and Sherene Schostak.
- Astrologer Interviews|Chris Flisher Radio_Archive Eight-plus years of shows with many discussions and interviews with well-known and high-caliber astrologers like Robert Hand, Noel Tyl, A.T. Mann, Steven Forrest, Jeff Jawer, Erin Sullivan, Michael Lutin, Donna Cummingham, Jessica Murray, Jeanne Avery, Susan Miller, and more.
- Astrologer’s Memorial_Soundbytes fm tapes
- The Mountain Astrologer_rec’d astrological podcasts
- Chris Brennan_The Astrology Podcast Truly becoming classics. These can be listened to over and over. Very educational and interesting.
- Benjamin Bernstein_This Week in Astrology. While this has forecasts, I included it since about every other show Bernstein interviews a client (for free) and analyzes their chart in light of a question they posed. He includes the birth data and all the charts he runs for the reading so a student can use this as a learning tool. Bernstein uses Porphry Houses popularized by Evolutionary Astrology and the “Twelve Letter Alphabet” developed by Zip Dobyns.
- Erin Sullivan Podcasts (flash player)
- Kent Bye | Esoteric Voices_SoundCloud playlists Ten tracks on Traditional (Medieval & Hellenistic) Astrology and several years of interviews that Kent Bye conducted with astrologers at conferences about the talk they gave or their practice.
- Kristin Fontana_Evol Guiding Stars_HealthyLife.Net Radio Can access MP3 if smartphone/tablet link is clicked.
- Jyotish Podcast w_Anne Beversdorf |Puja.net | Begins on Pg 3 Many podcasts exploring Jyotish. I listened to the shows on the Moon, on remedies, and on predictive techniques and was very impressed. Even if you don’t practice Jyotish, the discussions of the planets, signs and archetypes can be helpful to Western Astrologers. Makes me want to learn how to incorporate some Jyotish techniques and reminds me of how Chris Brennan often discusses the overlap between Hellenistic and Vedic techniques.
- Interview w_Lance Ferguson of Skywatchastrology. Nice interview for the lay person as Lance explains the basics of astrology and the benefits of knowing your chart, etc.
- Lee Lehman | Trad Astro| Interview w_Bernstein
- Lee Lehman | Trad Astro | Lifetime Solar Returns
- Lynn Bell-Psychological Astrology
- Mark Jones | Podcasts | Evolutionary Astro
- Matthew Selzner | Correlations Podcasts This is one of the podcasts recommended by The Mountain Astrologer but that link is to itunes. This blog page has MP3 links, charts and videos. Selzner is influenced by Richard Tarnas, Ph.D, professor of philosophy and psychology at the California Institute of Integral Studies in San Francisco, cultural historian and astrologer.
- My Spirit Radio-Ana Isabel
- My Spirit Radio-Martin Gansten Traditional Astro
- My Spirit Radio-Melanic Reinhart_Chiron
- My Spirit Radio-Nick Campion
- My Spirit Radio-Oscar Hofman Classical Medical
- Nick Campion_Religion & Cosmos
- Planet Waves FM :: Interview with Robert Hand – Planet Waves FM
- Steven Forrest | Evol Astro | Podcasts & Interviews
- Robert Hand Interview | Love & Sex in the Stars: Venus, Mars|BlogTalkRadio. Interview conducted in Dec. 2013 soon after Hand got his Ph.D and was starting to offer webinars so there was mention of his upcoming talks. Insight into how he sees Venus and Mars.
- Rudhyar’s Astro Recordings_BeyondSunSigns_Nicki Michaels
WOW!! Thanks so much for all those links, Alex! That’s incredibly helpful and way more than I would have found on my own. 🙂
…Your favorite Astrology related Podcast?
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)