• July 10, 2015 at 6:23 pm

Hi all,

As I begin my role as the AYA membership director, I wanted to check in with our members about how you think I might help to promote the continued growth of AYA in an exciting direction!

In accordance with our mission to support the continuity of the astrological tradition across generations, we provide programming and resources that aim to inspire, educate, and facilitate a feeling of community among our members and benefactors.  In the last year or so, we’ve made some amazing strides, including the introduction of this new social network, as well as the publication of the first issue of our literary journal, The Ascendant.  Now we want to know: What are your ideas for how we can continue to advance our mission?

What would you like to get out of your membership and your participation in the AYA community?  Please let us know below–we welcome your input!

• July 13, 2015 at 6:14 am

Really looking forward to hearing what people have to say about this…both the seasoned, older members who have been through it all, as well as the beginning astrologers who are dealing with the challenges of the present. As technology evolves and the world changes, the needs and methods of our practice and community change with it, as do our capabilities.

• February 25, 2016 at 8:48 pm

Thought I’d revive this prompt to see if anyone is inspired and wants to respond!

• March 16, 2016 at 9:43 am

Hi everyone!
    I saw this post and I was surprised that it hasn’t been discussed as much, even though that’s quite an important topic!

First of all, that’s so wonderful that there is such useful resourse as AYA, I’m personally extremely happy that I found it and now I am enjoing it very much, as it gives me, personally, the oportunity to see that there are other people like me, with similar interests and passion for astrology I can relate to!
    The downloadable resourses is a great plus as I, in a way, got introduced to accomplished astrologers ofour time that made a significant difference in the field.
    The ability to comminucate with other “baby astrologers” is just so great as you get to chat, get to know each other through forum discussions and posts, it definitely helps me when I meet those people in person, if we go to the conference together or so.
    And the monthly Astro Meetings is my most favorite part, as we get to talk to those well established astrolgers and ask questions and clarify something I might not fully understand at the time. I can’t say thank you enough for this opportunity!
    So, to me, as a “baby astrologer” it really mean a lot to be a part of this comminuty!
    I would be thinking of some other ways to make people know of AYA, I know that advertising is quite expensive, but I think that mentioning it on astrology podcasts, newsletters, astro magazines and sisters-astro-websites can be quite usefull!
    Thank you again for making this happen!

• April 4, 2016 at 8:00 pm

I just got here, but one of the things that drew me to AYA was the free downloadable resources for members, particularly audio recordings because I go through these ridiculously fast – in my car, getting ready in the morning, cooking dinner, etc.! I’m caught up on all the astrology podcasts I’ve liked/discovered, and I have learned *so* much from these alone! While I use books, classes, websites, etc. as well, being able to listen to an audio recording while also doing something else means that I get more astrological info on a daily basis. 🙂

I would love to see more downloadable recordings on topics that the group is most interested in – maybe you’ve done this before, but perhaps you could take a poll of topics/suggestions and see if there are astrologers interested in donating lectures on those subjects?

I haven’t had the pleasure of the Dinner & Drinks meetings yet, but I’m looking forward to the one in April!

• May 10, 2016 at 12:44 pm

<span style=”color: #2c2c2c; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, Tahoma, Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 22.4px; background-color: #f0f0f0;”>one of the things that drew me to AYA was the free downloadable resources for members, particularly audio recordings because I go through these ridiculously fast </span>

I’m with you on this, Cassidy! I love having audio resources probably more than anything else. I do well with auditory learning.

The main thing that drew me to AYA was the community aspect. There’s not really an astrological community in Oklahoma beyond a meetup group that charges for mini classes, and the quality of that is kind of sub par. This gives people a place to connect with other young astrologers, which I think is so valuable. The Dinner and Drinks thing is one of my favorite things that’s happening recently as well. It’s a great way to bring our community together, and it’s nice to have something that reaches out on facebook too. The fact that membership isn’t required to attend is great I think. In the future, I would like to do my part to keep this social media forum more active. I’ll admit sometimes it’s kind of easy to get caught up in other social media and neglect these discussion boards!