• February 20, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Guys. What is up with this crazy Martian current happening right now? I’ve had an inordinate amount of people who know I practice astrology message out of the blue and say, “Man, what is up with the planets lately?” One friend, who knows enough to be humorously hyperbolic on the subject, says to me, “Is the goddamn SUN in retrograde? Everything is going wrong!” (Incidentally, Mars is setting off a grand water trine in his chart which includes his yearly profected planet, but I digress…) Among other friends, ghosts of old Mars issues are rattling chains – lack of power, depression, old grudges. Across the board, there’s just a low-energy burnout setting in already. I counseled a prolific musician to maintain a creative outlet during this time, and they replied that their creativity was bone-dry.

I’ve never known the start of a Mars retro period to be this intense and epidemic. Is it because it has natural dignity in Scorpio, or because it’s going to station direct on Antares? It’s not really catching any nasty angles at the moment. Jupiter can exacerbate things, but it’s only sextile to Jupiter and Jup is in detriment. Maybe it’s just in my life, since it is passing over a few important things in my chart?

Anyone else having comparable Mars experiences this past week?

• February 23, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Maybe I’m not noticing this new Mars Scorp noise as much because of the ongoing Pluto influence on my own Mars in Capricorn…it seems to be blending in my case.  I’m curious to know more about what others are experiencing so I can maybe parse out my experiences with Mars entering his shadow from the rest of the Mars/Pluto themes in my life right now.  It would be great to have an ongoing discussion about this over the next couple months.

Thanks for starting the conversation @nick-civitello!

• February 25, 2016 at 10:19 am

Hi friends!
    Thank you for your experiences @nick-civitello, @alia-wesala!
    It’s interesting to see how this Martian shaddow is already influencing people around!
    Luckily, transiting Mars is not making any aspects to any of my natal planets, plus its’t not my lord of the year, that’s why I get to avoid its energy, in some way.

But when it goes retrograde it’s gonna conjunct my natal Pluto (both in Scorpio), so I’m not sure what to expect.

I will definitely let you know how that transit goes!

• March 4, 2016 at 6:38 pm

It’s not for me either Alex, but it DOES rule both of my lights, so I don’t think I’m getting out of this one too easily. :/  I think the co-presence it will have with Saturn is coloring things, too.

In fact, during the retrograde period, it seems like I’ll be seeing a move (Mars) in my work space (Saturn,) as well as my martial arts school (Mars + Saturn,) as both institutions are relocating. Mars and Saturn will be transitting my 4th at the time.

It’s like this stuff actually works! Now if I can just avoid strife at home or in my family…