• November 30, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Hey everyone!

This is a place to post all your comments, questions, and experiences with antiscia! This is a fascinating concept and I would love to keep the discussion going.

Do you have any antiscia/contra antiscia connections in your chart? How do they manifest?

• December 1, 2016 at 10:34 am

thanks for starting the conversation Jo.

I looked over my chart last night and didn’t find any.

i found a contra antiscia between Mercury at 11 23 Aquarius and Mars at 21 36 Taurus in a client’s chart. it looks like it’s within that orb we talked about last night.

it’s wild because she’s a singer. last night we talked about hearing is one theme of contra antiscia and how it appears in the charts of many singers.

it took some concentration to look at my chart last night and to check the numbers last night. but it was easier today.

Jo, what did you find?

• December 1, 2016 at 7:58 pm

My happy little antiscia epiphany is this:

I have an out-of-sign sextile between Mercury and Jupiter in my chart that has always made me a little sad due to its out-of-sign-ness because it isn’t a “real” sextile–despite me wanting it to be one SO BADLY. Last night I realized I had won a contra-antiscia consolation prize! …I’ll take it.

Also discovered a lot of antiscia activity in my relationship I am planning to keep an eye on.

• December 2, 2016 at 3:19 pm

A client yesterday: Venus in Aries contra-antiscia Mars in Pisces. (Mixed reception exchange, too; domicile-exaltation.) She’s been a successful artist for more than 20 years. Her node Neptune conjunction also reflected Pluto..

Thanks for creating the afterparty page!

What do others think of Jupiter plugging into the Uranus Neptune picture right now? Noticing it in the news…?

• December 2, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Very cool you’ve got antiscia connections in your synastry.

And congrats on that Mercury Jupiter contra-antiscia!!!! Hardly a consolation. It pulls all that social justice, learning/teaching, talking, singing-ness right it into the world. Woohoo

• December 2, 2016 at 4:52 pm

Thanks so much for starting this discussion group! This is one of those concepts I was introduced to years ago, thought it was fun and exciting when I first learned about it, and have since totally forgotten about it. Taking a second look, I’ll probably get a lot more out of the concept. Maybe I’ll take the opportunity of 2017 to take a second look at current client charts to see what little details this will reveal for us=o) I’ll keep you posted with what I start finding.

• December 21, 2016 at 7:28 am

@kate-petty, you did a great job giving such an interesting and complex lecture in just over an hours making it a great gateway into a cool concept of Antiscia.

The topic was very interesting I decided to study it a bit more getting your workshop on Antiscia available on your site. That was very helpful for my overall understanding of this technique as well as the details and examples of it in the charts of musicians, politicians, comedians, astrologers, writers etc.

To me, now, Antiscia is like a quick tool to see what binds you with the bigger world: how you get to be connected with it on the bigger picture or through what means you get to be somewhat elevated in the world.

As for the current ish Jupiter- Uranus -Neptune connection – to me this whole idea of Electoral college being not relevant any more for the people stands out as that representation of Jupiter-Neptune that’s being challenged and looked at in a new light, so to say. This change on the political arena as well as the change in society’s ideal of how things should be or could be – is present and feelable in the air.

Another cool thing that I’ve learned is the ability to use Antiscia for predictive purposes when locating the Antiscia degree in my chart for the Sun/Moon/Venus and looking at the transits through that degree to see what might happen that will connecting me to the bigger world events. Just something fun to practice!
    I’d like to know more on how Contra-Antiscia feels, whether it gets to be more intense and almost like a fated event or if it acts similar to Antiscia when it just pin-point the connection of our planets with the bigger world around us.

• December 21, 2016 at 8:17 am

@kate-petty, i echo @alex-zolotov, the presentation rocked.

@alex-zolotov, it’s great to hear you got so much from the presentation on Kate’s website….

I had to share this old German calendar with day length from Tania Daniel’s facebook page.

It really helped me to see this idea that different periods of the year have different parts of light and dark.

I’m excited to start looking for these points and to see how they manifest in the chart.

Here’s the source. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tierkreiszeichen#/media/File:Faltkalender_mit_Monatsbildern.jpg

Image may contain: indoor

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of Danny Larkin Danny Larkin.
  • February 9, 2017 at 3:11 pm

That calendar is gorgeous.

Thank you, @alex-zolotov and @danny-larkin for your comments.
    Sorry to be out of touch for so long. Any new antiscia findings?

The solar eclipse at the end of this month. . . ¬†whoa. I’m sure you’ve all seen:
    Exactly reflects the Mars Uranus conj by contra-antiscia [and Jupiter by antiscia].